Sustainability has emerged as one of the major concerns in recent times. The entire world is struggling hard to cope with the reality of climate change. Unfortunately, residential homes and buildings factor in majorly when it comes to energy consumption. It is estimated that over 40% of energy goes into construction projects. Naturally, builders, and architects have been exploring eco-friendly options for construction.
Regenerative designs have gained momentum. Thanks to this holistic approach it has zero impact on the environment and well-being of humans. Typically, regenerative designs replicate nature by renewing nature’s resources and materials, thereby reconnecting humans with nature deeply. Explore new housing developments in Kelowna to get a glimpse of regenerative design approaches.
Here is why implementing a regenerative design is picking steam:
Why are custom home builders focusing on regenerative design approaches?
From rising global temperatures to loss of biodiversity and lack of resources, climate change is likely to result in major displacement of humans by 2050. That is why custom home builders in Kelowna are aiming for net-zero consumption during construction. The homes built today are all set to meet the climate targets. Here is why the regenerative is becoming a more demanding option in construction projects:
Regenerative designs impact the ecosystem and health
With home project designs mimicking regenerative design approaches, environmentalists believe that the harm done over the years can be minimised to a great extent. The reason is simple. These design approaches replicate wellness through nature. Apart from encouraging wellness, these projects also help in restoring balance in society.
Regenerative projects are usually implemented using references and are based on metrics. The metrics, on the other hand, incorporate geographical information and extensive ecological research.
Regenerative designs follow projection models based on the air, nutrients, water, health, and social aspects of specific locations. As these indicators change frequently, the designs too will change.
Principles of regenerative designs:
Regenerative buildings aim to promote indoor air quality, help in the conservation of water, and use renewable energy resources. Here is a synopsis of the regenerative design approach:
- Regenerative design encompasses the entire building and the system as a whole. It aims to create homes that harmonise with the natural environment. Discuss how many of the custom home builders near me are aware of this new design concept and are planning to implement it in the homes.
- With this new approach, comes the promotion of sustainable materials that aim to minimise the environmental impact. The best part is that these materials can be recycled or reused at the end of the lifecycle.
- The promotion of renewable energy sources is another key aspect of regenerative design and reduces the dependence on non-renewable energy sources like fossil fuels.
- Conservation of water focuses on the effective usage of this natural resource and reusing rainwater.
- Sustainable materials are also used extensively to lower the environmental impact. Most of these materials can be reused or recycled once they are worn out.
- Regenerative design strategies aim to create a healthy ecosystem through green roofs and various other design strategies. Find out if an eco friendly home builder can customise your newly built home and reinforce the concept by following the concept of regeneration.
- Improving the indoor environment promotes the well-being of the occupants through simple strategies like daylighting, ventilation, and the use of non-toxic materials.
Implementing regenerative design strategies
Regenerative home designs create a symbiotic relationship between the construction and the surroundings. Homes implementing these designs contribute to the well-being of the community and the ecosystem. Here is how builders can implement the design aspects:
Reinforcing energy efficiency
Regenerative designs prioritise energy efficiency and ensure that the construction process consumes the least energy and reduces the emission of greenhouse gases. Green townhomes in Kelowna bear testimony to this new design approach.
The regenerative design strategies aim for zero waste that the construction sites generate. From recycling programs to using compost, and implementation of green waste management practices, home-building companies are trying to bring them into effect by using modular construction and pre-fabrication.
With regeneration comes the preservation of biodiversity where the priority is to improve the well-being of the ecosystem through the promotion of green building strategies. Regenerative home designs have forced several Kelowna home contractors to follow these strategies not only to upgrade and restore the environment but promote the well-being of humans. Although there are several challenges that you might face at this moment when implementing the new design, it seems regeneration is going to rule the home building industry during the next few years.