Are you confused about buying new or used construction equipment? Well, it’s a tough choice to make, as both newer and older equipment comes with their fair share of pros and cons. However, we are here to help you in making this difficult choice by assessing some factors like your economic situation, risk appetite, objectives and requirements etc. Have a look at the following pros and cons of buying new or used construction equipment to make a sound choice.
Pros Of New Equipment:-
- Latest technology: New construction equipment comes with the most cutting-edge technology in the market. We have listed the brands providing this equipment on our RDM Equipment website, like RDM SANY, SHANTUI, and ROKBAK.
- Protection: The most amazing benefits of buying new construction equip for sale are the safety & protection that they offer! Whether you are working on the construction site or are doing rescue work, you can be assured of your protection in these new machines.
- Reliability: An added feature of buying new equipment is its reliability. Moreover, the reputation of the equipment’s brand also comes in handy. You can be certain of their quality, productivity and strength.
- A Wide Variety: New construction equipment comes with a variety of options. We have listed new construction equip for sale on our “RDM Equipment Sales & Rentals” website.
- Additional Benefits: There are a lot of additional benefits in buying new equipment, like tax concessions and no extra repair costs. New equipment comes with a warranty as well.
Cons Of New Equipment:-
- High Cost: New construction equip for sale comes at a high cost. Although there are EMI options available, only rich individuals and business organisations can afford them.
- Devaluation: These equipment get devalued or depreciated by more than 20% in just a year. It results in the less resale value of these machines.
- A Long Lead Time: The whole process of buying brand-new construction equip for sale is a very long process. Booking the equipment and taking its final delivery can take a lot of time, and you might receive the delivery after months.
Pros Of Old Equipment:-
- Cost-effective: Older equipment is a lot more cost-effective than new equipment. You get most of the benefits that new equipment offers, and that too at a much lesser cost.
- Circumvent Depreciation: We can’t avoid depreciation, but we can buy already depreciated equipment at low prices in the form of used machines. In fact, these old equipment depreciate at a much slower rate as compared to their newer versions and retain its value for a few years.
- An Extensive Variety: Old equipment also comes with a variety of choices. We have listed some of those old equipment on our website for sale.
Cons Of Old Equipment:-
- Seller Research & Inspection: It’s a very burdensome task to search the sellers of old equipment. Then, it’s even more difficult to inspect those machines. Moreover, the buying process is very arduous as well.
- No Warranty: There are no warranties available on the older equipment, and that can prove to be costly and troublesome in the long run.
- Older Technology: The equipment comes with older versions of technology which may not be that much effective in doing the construction work. It might affect your productivity as well.
You must buy the Construction Equip For Sale by doing a thorough research and making a list of your requirements as well. RDM Equipment Sales & Rentals provides a wide variety of new & used equipment for all of your construction needs like excavation, loading, dumping and, digging etc. Contact us today to know more about our equipment deals.